New Delhi, March 13, 2018: In coming summers we apprehend more trouble for our skin, face and body. Everyday our body reacts to heat and the change in barometric pressures. With the mercury rising, the scorching heat and dry atmosphere is bound to have its adverse effect on our body. I’m sure you have noticed it in yourself and others. Our bodies don’t always cope well with high mercury especially if we are not conscious of our need to hydrate continuously during the day.
A combination of humidity and heat can stop the ever so important evaporation from our bodies which is the body’s mechanism for keeping it cool. Without the ability to evaporate through skin, internal body temperature rises and brings about traumatic changes in our body such as-
Skin Irritation with small red spots on the face, neck and the chest Exhaustion.
Syncope that is loss of consciousness caused by fall in blood pressure which is quit normal in summers.
According to Ayurveda, summer is the season of “Pitta Dosha” which is related to the Fire Element responsible for governing the Metabolism and changes in the Body including Digestion. Many health problems related to Pitta Dosha are Heart Burn, excessive Body Heat and Sweating, Skin problems like Skin rashes, Prickly Heat and Acne, Stomach Over acidity and peptic ulcers, rough hair, irritability and anger.
Rising temperatures are also associated with huge Mood swings and you need to relax your nervous system as well as stress related disorders. This can otherwise play havoc with your face, Hair and Body.
Over acidity and indigestion cause dip in your facial pH level prompting more Allergies, Tanning and Loss in Skin Glow. Rehydration of Skin and body through high intake of Fluids, Fruit Juices, Easy to digest Salads and foods with high fibre content can help in bringing back the lost lusture.
Here are a few combinations that work wonder on your skin in summer, especially drawn from your own kitchen:
Lemon- lemon combats free radicals also it is rich in vitamin c so consuming it every day will help gives you a bright and healthy skin and it also helps in detoxifying. It also has bleaching properties so it lightens the skin tone. But try to avoid stepping out of the house in the sun after application of lemon as it may give you a burning sensation.
Aloevera – Consuming Aloevera in summers will help your body stay cool and its application gives your skin a soothing effect and also kills any kind of bacteria, fungi and viruses. If your skin is affected by sun, application of Aloevera will help your skin heal as fast as possible.
Curd – This dairy product is rich in calcium and magnesium content which helps to strengthen our bones, besides it is a great exfoliater when added with gram flour (Chana Daal) it acts as a whitening agent and thus helps remove tan.
Neem leaves (margosa) – Neem has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti –bacterial properties that not only benefit your health but also can help you get rid of many beauty problems. Neem contains Vitamin C, which helps in getting rid of skin problems like blackheads, pigmentation, dullness and aging, thus leaving the skin with a youthful glow.
Oat meals – Oats are healthy and nutritious food, it has amazing healing properties from inside as well as outside our body. oatmeal scrub is great for dry and rough skin.
Tulsi leaves – Tulsi leaves have high level of potassium, magnesium and vitamin C can help regulating your blood pressure. It’s also loaded with a lot of antioxidant.
Apart from the above mentioned ingredients there are some useful tips that you may follow in summers:
- Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated throughout the day, drinking plain water can be boring so you may add lemon and oranges for flavors or taste.
- Apply a sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30 or 50 which provides protection against the UV rays.
- Eat fruits which have high water content like water melon, grapes, oranges etc.
- Try not to expose yourself directly to the sun unless necessary.
Skin and Body De tan thru Aromatherapy
Prepare a Body and facial Scrub with ½ Teaspoon of Dead Sea salt, ½ TSP Brown Sugar, Ubtan ½ tsp and make paste with 1Tsp Skin Butter ( Shea and Cocoa Butter ) , add 10 drops Lemon Juice and 2-4 drops of Neroli Oil . The paste should be well massaged and scrubbed on Face and body with gentle movements for 5-10 minutes and then leave for 5 minutes. Wash off well and apply SPF 10-20 sunscreen. Repeat the process every week and see miracle happening after three sittings.
Anti Pimple Facial
For oily and clogged skin
- Cleanse the face with Mint facial gel
- Provide High Frequency Ozone treatment for 8-10 minutes
- Provide Facial Steam with Anti Ace oil (2-4 drops).
- Provide cold compression
- Apply Tea Tree facial gel for 10-15 minutes and wipe off.
- Apply Neem and Mint Face Pack and wash off when completely dry.
- Apply skin Toner
Important: Don’t touch the pimple skin with fingers since it may lead to more infection.
- Strictly NO FOR OILY FOOD, FRIED FOOD, JUNK FOOD, ESPECIALLY COLD DRINKS, FRIDGED WATER AND SWEETS.
- You should take diet of Salads and whole fruits.
- Drink as much water as possible.
- Mint facial gel or Neem and Tulsi Face wash – twice a day application
- Skin Toner
- Neem and Mint Face Pack – Apply every alternate days. Till completely dry.
- Tea Tree oil for Facial Steam
Hair fall and Hair Lusture- Hair Dandruff, Dry, Itchy Scalp
Aromatherapy of Hair and scalp problems in summer and rainy season includes Rosemary oil 1 drop, Basil oil 1 drop , Tea Tree oil 1 drop and Patchouli oil 1 drop mixed with 1 Tsp Almond or Extra virgin Olive oil and applied on Scalp on alternate nights with gentle finger massage for 10-15 minutes . Wash off next morning with Lavender Shampoo. Apply pH 5.5 Hair Conditioner or Hair Spa Cream.
Diet full of proteins, especially sprouts and salads.
- Anti Dandruff Hair Oil for Night application
- Shampoo (Lavender for Oily hair and Jojoba for Dry Hair). Wash the hair in the morning.
- Hair Conditioner or Hair Spa Cream to be applied after shampoo.
- Rinse off again after 5-10 minutes.