New Delhi, December 29, 2017: The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) has taken over Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati, under its ambit.
The most important task is to ensure that patients from North-Eastern Region get quality cancer care in this hospital by providing the following:
- High dose radio-isotope therapy facilities for the first time in the north-east
- Highly subsidized anti-cancer drugs to all patients
- Treatment using Linear Accelerator, CT Scan & PET Scan machine
- Physical infrastructure up-gradation of existing old hospital buildings
- Various academic courses for capacity development in oncology.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in a written reply to question in the Rajya Sabha today.