New Delhi, December 29, 2016: The career opportunity in the field of cosmetology is highly demanded as everyone in this world wants to look good and attractive and the cosmetologists are the people who help them achieve their desire. A career in cosmetology can take to a variety of professions in the beauty industry. Cosmetology is the study of beauty treatment. It is the medical science which focuses on making people look good. Cosmetology consists of many branches which include treatments for face, hair, body, beauty therapy and overall health care.
In India, cosmetology is turning out to be a multibillion-dollar industry with scope for a huge amount of employment opportunities in beauty culture. A cosmetologist provides beauty services that include cosmetic care for hair, skin and body. The field of cosmetology includes various occupations like hairstylist and hairdresser, beautician, skin care specialist, aesthetician, nail technician, etc.
The career possibility in the industry of beauty is never-ending. This industry offers various careers for these professionals to grow and excel. It is a beneficial career option with earnings increasing with experience and reputation. Well paid jobs are offered to trained cosmetologists in high-end salons, beauty parlors and in luxurious hotels/resorts. Television and film industries always demands makeup professionals. Also, they are always in demand in the world of fashion. Other options are being a writing books, image consultant or articles and teaching.
Clients depend on the skills of their cosmetologists to make them look their best. This considerable amount of trust requires a cosmetologist to be educated, stylish and authoritative. Having the right qualities is what will make or break a career so schooling and a license are must for cosmetologists. This profession seeks for a set of skills that every cosmetologist should hold such as:
· Good consultation and communication skills.
· Understanding of the effects of different beauty products.
· Proper knowledge about Physiology of the skin, hair and nails.
· Correct knowledge of Chemistry of color and color theory
To break a career in the industry, you will require attending a cosmetology school and being at-least 16 years of age. The field of cosmetology does not require any former formal qualifications. There are various diploma and other brief courses with the option of advance specialization in diverse fields like beauty therapy, makeup, hair styling, massage, nail art, facials, tattoos, aromatherapy, trichology, electrolysis, and herbal beauty care. Many women vocational and polytechnics institutes offer recognized courses in beauty care/cosmetology.
Diploma Courses (6 month to 1 year):
· Diploma in Cosmetology
· Diploma in Makeup
· Diploma in Hair Dressing
· Diploma in Fashion Media Make up
Certificate Courses (3 to 6 Month):
· Certificate Course in Herbal Beauty and Therapy
· Certificate course in Beauty Culture
· Certificate Course in Massage Therapy
Master Courses (1 year)
· PG Diploma in Cosmetology (PGDC)
Cosmetology emerged as a completely new field, flourishing at an amazing speed in recent years in India as well as in foreign counties. Subsequently there has been a raise in demand for skilled professionals in this field. A trained and licensed professional in cosmetology can expect a starting salary of 50,000/- per month with a cosmetic setup.
Top colleges/universities in India for Cosmetology:
· National and Regional Vocational Training Institutes for Women (Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India) in Delhi, Noida, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Vadodra, Hissar, Indore, Trivandrum, Tura.
· YWCA centers in major cities
· Habib’s Hair Academy, branches and franchises across the country
· VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health & Management, branches across the country
· Shahnaz Husain’s Women’s World International, branches and franchises across the country
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)