India, February 17, 2018: At a press conference held at Taj Mahal Hotel today,Singapore based Haw Par Corporation unveiled an innovation from the Tiger Balm family – Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub. Heavy tech users of smartphones and other mobile devices, along with those that lead busy but sedentary lifestyles in India no longer need to put up with tech and posture related neck and shoulder pains. Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub — the first and only modern solution with a calming lavender fragrance that provides non-greasy, fast acting relief targeting neck and shoulder pains, already popular in countries like the USA and Singapore was launched today by Mr. A K Han, Executive Director of Haw Par Corporation and Mr. Mukesh Tiwary, Senior VP – Mktg. & Sales – Alkem Healthcare.
According to Forrester, India’s billion plus mobile phone subscriber base is set to keep pace with the world’s mobile phone penetration of 70% by 2022. More and more jobs require professionals spending long hours on their computers and mobile devices. All these factors have brought about an “epidemic” of tech-related ailments such as text neck, gamer neck and iPosture.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. A K Han, Executive Director of Haw Par Corporation said, “With a young and forward-looking population in India where the Tiger Balm brand name is already established, it is only natural and logical that we introduce our next new product — Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub. We believe the timing is right and this product will appeal to the young and tech-savvy consumers in India looking to relieve their neck and shoulder pains.”
Alkem is the exclusive distributor of the Tiger Balm range of products in India.Mr. Mukesh Tiwary, Senior VP – Mktg. & Sales – Alkem Healthcare, said“It’s a matter of great pride for us to share the stage with Haw Par Corporation on the launch of the Tiger Balm Neck and Shoulder Rub. Tiger Balm has been an important part of millions of Indian households. Indians have been looking for a solution to their long-standing problem of aching necks and shoulders and we are sure this is just what they need. As distributors, we will ensure it reaches the farthest corners of the country where Tiger Balm is already a household name”
According to Forrester, the number of global smartphone users is expected to rise with mobile penetration reaching 70% globally by 2022, led by growing mobile adoption in India and China. India’s mobile phone subscriber base reached the one billion users’ mark in 2017. The spread of smartphones and other mobile devices transformed lives, connecting people and bringing new levels of convenience to users. But, it also brought about an “epidemic” of tech-related ailments such as text neck, gamer neck and iPosture.
Long hours spent hunched over smart phones, tablets and laptops, texting, emailing or playing games, are resulting in aches and tension in the neck and shoulders. A survey conducted in the USA showed that the typical young adult spends 8.83 hours in front of a screen (excluding time spent watching “traditional” TV) and 84% admitted to suffering pain in the neck and upper back in the last 12 months. The same phenomenon has been observed among cosmopolitan populations worldwide.
Created and manufactured by Tiger Balm – world renowned and trusted brand specialising in providing quality products for relief of aches and pains for almost a century, Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub is specially formulated for the relief of neck and shoulder pains. Like a ‘Massage-On-The-Go’, the experience of applying Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub “transports you to a spa” – the soothing and refreshing fragrance as well as the special formulation which acts effectively is almost like having a pair of invisible hands smoothing out the tension knotted in the neck and shoulders, relieving the mind, body and spirit.
Why Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub is unique:
- Assurance from the tested and trusted maker of Tiger Balm: Known to work where it hurts, Tiger Balm is trusted by millions worldwide and is one of the world’s leading brands in providing quality products for external pain relief.
- Specially formulated to help tech-savvy consumers target neck and shoulder pains: Made with a unique Tiger Balm formulation, Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub addresses the lifestyle needs of heavy tech users, providing fast and effective relief and relaxes the muscles around the neck and shoulder area when applied.
- Ayurvedic: The formulation is Ayurvedic and offers an alternative herbal solution for restoring holistic balance to a hectic lifestyle.
- Non-greasy cream with a lavender fragrance: The water-based cream is rapidly absorbed by the skin and gives a clean feel, while the lavender fragrance makes it socially acceptable for use anytime, anywhere.
- In handy, convenient tube: The easy-to-carry pocket-sized tube (30gm and 50gm) fits neatly into handbags and briefcases and let you dispense the cream with no fuss in the office or on the go.
- Already popular with consumers in many other countries: Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub has been launched in countries such as the USA, Germany, France, Australia, UAE, Singapore, China and others, and proven popular with consumers.
Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub Ambassadors were at the launch. They are young Digital professionals who are already huge fans of the product and have been buying internationally: VJ & Actress Anusha Dandekar, popular Indian eSports gamer Balaji Ramnarayan. These young professionals spoke highly about the beneficial effects of the Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub.All of them spend limitless hours before the computer and the application of the Rub brought very quick, soothing results for their aching neck and shoulders. A special massage therapy zone saw a lot of enthusiasts who came to get some relief from their own neck and shoulder aches.
The Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub balm is available across leading pharmacies, supermarkets and popular online portals like Net Med, Amazon, 1 mg.com. Priced at Rs.99 for 30 gm & at Rs.149 for 50 gm, Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub is all set to become a permanent fixture in Indian life, just like Tiger Balm has been for decades.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)